- Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser. I realized how much I love this cleanser when I stayed over at a family friends house for 1 night & didn't take it with me. When I use this cleanser I don't have to worry about carrying around a makeup remover & then using a face wash because the cleanser does it all. I plan on doing a review on it, but that will have to wait till I finish up with at least half the things on my 'to do' list.
- Going au naturale most of this summer. I used minimal makeup (with the exception of a few days) to give my skin a break. I also reduced the amount of products that I used in my hair & left it curly most of the time & just straightened the front bit that frames my face. I didn't use any hair gel or anything either. Instead of using products, I took a really little bit of Parachute coconut hair oil in the palm of my hand (as much as a Canadian nickel) & worked it in my wet hair (from the tips, working my hair to the mid section & a little bit at the roots). My mum was so skeptical about this when she saw me do it because coconut hair oil usually stinks but I asked her to smell my hair right after I had applied it& to her relief, she could still smell my conditioner. This method worked best when I slept an hour or 2 max after applying the tiny bit of hair oil & I woke up with gorgeous curls.
- Working at Bath & Body Works. Whenever I'm in the States, I stop by BBW (& Forever21 too). The American chain is expanding in Canada & I'm surprised our store opened before many of the other locations, but that's a bonus for us :) If there isn't one in your area, don't worry because there are around 11 or something stores opening in the fall. Anyway, who wouldn't like to work at a store that smells good all the time? & the best part is that we don't have to push for large sales & trick customers into buying expensive products.
- School starts soon! As silly or nerdy as it may sound I can't wait to go back & be around my close friends all the time. This year is gonna be a bit harder not only because I'm entering my 3rd year now (eek!), but because all my courses count as my major since I'm doing a combined major now. Sigh, I'm gonna miss taking easy electives.
- Winning. If you've read my blog in the past, you will know that I love entering contests & have won a couple of them. Recently, I've also been winning little contests at work. I never win giveaways though which sucks because they're so easy to enter, but winning contests is a great feeling because I know that I'm working hard to achieve something & my work is being recognized. & as long as my hard work pays off, I'm happy :)
- Experiencing the Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours once again. The first time that I went on this attraction was in grade 9 for a Geography school trip. Ever since then, I've recommended this attraction to all of my friends & family who are visiting Niagara Falls. I usually tell them: if you don't have enough money to see all the attractions in the area, save your money & just go on this one attraction because even though it's a bit pricey, it is def worth it & it's better than all the other attractions combined! Perhaps I love it so much more because I am a Pisces & I love being in or around water ;)
[Click image to enlarge]Childhood family friends & I getting soaked in the front row on the Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours
- My laptop. Seems like I always have some kind of problem with it. The latest thing that came up was that the wireless wouldn't work on it at all, so I had no option but to give it for repairs. I miss using my laptop from the comfort of my own room, sigh.
- Playing card games. When my childhood family friends were staying with me for a bit, we played various card games all night long. It was SO much fun. I miss playing Poker on Facebook too because my home computer just wont co-operate when I try to play it, which takes me back to me missing my laptop!
- Having more watches. I never used to wear watches before but thanks to a good friend, I now wear my watch every time I go out. Sadly, I only have one that fits right. The other that I have is a bit big & I haven't had the chance to get that sized yet. I wanna buy more watches soon. I came across a Valentino one online that I adore, but it's too dressy to wear every day & I wanna get one that I can wear on a daily basis first.
- My old body. I'm so not used to my body right now. I'm the heaviest that I've ever been & since I've always hated working out, getting my old body back seems like such a difficult task. I've never been the kind of person that has complained about their weight or anything of the sort, but lately this whole issue is frustrating me to the point where I'm not even buying clothes anymore cause I don't know how to dress my new body. Now if only I can use that negative energy to take some positive action & work to get my body back to where I want it! Luckily, I'm not that short so I can hide my weight more than a lot of other shorter people probably could.
- Blogging & entering contests. Summer was too short & somewhat busy too, so I didn't update my blog as much as I wanted to. Even though I had a lot of posts in mind, every time I signed on to Blogger there were so many blogs to catch up on & most of the time I was so overwhelmed that I never got the chance to update my own. As mentioned above, I didn't wear too much makeup this summer either so I didn't really have any makeup posts. I def missed reading the lovely comments on my posts from everyone though. Some of you did keep in touch through e-mail & comments though which was much appreciated :)