Someone told me they were watching a movie & spotted my look-a-like: America Olivo. I had never heard of her before, so I decided to quick search & found a makeup look done on her that I liked & saved it in my makeup inspirations folder. In this look she has yellow, orange, & purple on her lids, a dark purple on her lower lashlines, & a very shimmery shade used as the highlight.
My inspired look is a bit different - I used a dark blue & purple on the lower lashline & my highlight wasn't as shimmery. I would've probably stuck to a dark purple on the lower lashline like America had in her look but I didn't have the inspiration picture in front of me when I was doing my makeup (silly of me, I know). I like how it turned out with the blue though.
- NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk
- 120 palette (1st edition): shimmery yellow [inner third of lid + tearduct] - F5, shimmery orange [middle third of lid] - E6, shimmery dark blue [lower lashline] - T2, light gold [highlight + tearduct (over the yellow)] - K6
- Annabelle Cosmetics Mineral Pigment Dust in Violet Vibe [outer third of lid + outer V + crease + browbone + lower lashline (under the shimmery dark blue)]
- L'Oreal Lineur Intense felt tip liquid eyeliner in 690 Carbon Black [upper lashline & winged]
- Rimmel Glam Eyes mascara in 003 Extreme Black [upper & lower lashes]
- Note: I didn't apply anything on my waterline. The shimmery dark blue made its way there since I had applied it so close to the base of my lower lashes.
120 palette (1st edition) reference charts
For more information on the January 2011 Series, click here.